In fact fraud is becoming more common everyday. If you believed that you weren’t at risk, then you should probably think again. In today’s fast paced world, no one is really safe. If you use the Internet, then you are definitely in more danger than you may realize.
Online identity fraud is one of the biggest problems on the Internet today, and even if you only use the Internet to “check your email”, you can still be targeted by phishing etc.
Why is Online Identity Fraud so Dangerous?
The hackers perpetuating today’s online fraud scams aren’t just bored teenagers anymore. Today’s hackers are a growing group of highly skilled con artists, who know how to access & manipulate computers to get what they want.
Today’s hackers have a wide array of tools when it comes to stealing your money or personal information, but two of their most effective, and easily implemented methods are using viruses and spyware to gain access to you PC.
Many Viruses and Spyware can be installed on your computer through the use of ActiveX. ActiveX is a technology that was developed to make the Internet easy to use. Websites like your bank or favorite online merchant probably use ActiveX for just this purpose. Unfortunately ActiveX can also be manipulated for other purposes. Hackers and identity thieves can use ActiveX to remotely install viruses and spyware on your computer. By simply visiting a suspicious website, your computer could get infected and you might never know it.
And once these malicious downloads are installed on your machine, you could be BIG trouble. You may not know it, but you computer keeps logs full of information about you. Somewhere on your hard drive there are files that contain information like your name, address, phone number, the websites you visit, the types of things you buy online, maybe even your credit card numbers.
Viruses and spyware are designed to find this information and send it back to the person who installed them. Before you know it, you could loose lots of money or even your identity.
If you value your money, your credit and your good name, then you can’t afford to go another day without some solid fraud protection software on your PC.
Fraud Protection Software you can trust.
Winferno Software offers you Secure IE Browser Security, fortified with Private IE privacy manager. Secure IE is a secure browser that acts like a shield for your PC. With its unique security manager, Secure IE allows you to corral websites into security zones. Websites you trust, like you bank, can use ActiveX, popups and Flash. They are also allowed to write cookies on your computer. Websites you aren’t sure of get limited privileges. Websites that you absolutely don’t trust get no privileges for ActiveX, popups, Flash or cookies. Secure IE and Private IE utilize a two-step process for ensuring that you stay 100% protected from online fraud.
Step One: Secure Your Web Browser
Secure IE’s unique approach to online security:
- New! Integrated McAfee Site Advisor warns of dangerous Web sites, places safety ratings alongside search results, and provides a site’s safety rating upon request.
- Seal up security gaps with our automatic security tune-up.
- Stop Spyware (which is often used in computer fraud) at the point of entry with out exclusive Browser Shield.
- Automatically blocks malicious ActiveX, which hackers and identity thieves will use to gain entrance to your PC and commit computer fraud.
- Block Pop-ups, including Windows Messenger pop-ups.
- One click access to security zones, which allow you to designate which websites get certain privileges.
- Intercepts Malicious File Downloads and scans for viruses (requires virus-scanning software).
- Stay one step ahead of hackers with built in auto-updates.
Step Two: Protect Your Private Data
Private IE was built to wipe out all the sensitive documents on your computer that could be used to steal your identity. Private IE will:
- Delete Your Internet History
- Delete Your Browser Tracking Cookies
- Delete Your Internet Cache
- Delete Your Temporary Internet Files
- Delete Your Locked and Hidden index.dat Files
- Delete Your Recent Documents List
- Empty Your Recycling Bin
With Secure IE Browser Security and Private IE on your side, you’ll get award-winning Fraud Protection Software.
Learn more about Secure IE and Private IE.